Happy 10th anniversary to BCTC! For 10 years, triathletes and duathletes have braved the January Freeze; practiced buoy turns and mass starts in pools during Bob Stocks’ annual swim clinics; biked in the rain/snow/wind/heat/humidity; learned to handle waves by swimming in the Whitney Point Reservoir; and dared each other to go farther and faster.
So here we go again. The holidays are over and your race season awaits. It’s training time! Put these events on your calendar:
- The January Freeze is every Saturday in January, put on by the Triple Cities Runners Club. For information: https://triplecitiesrunnersclub.org/
- Bob Stocks will offer another of his swim clinics, tentatively on Feb. 23 at the Whitney Point High School. Stay tuned for details.
- Group runs continue through the winter on Wednesday nights, starting at 5:45 p.m. Locations change each week. Check our FB page for details on Wednesdays.
- Broome County Parks Triathlon, along with the Youth Triathlon, is Saturday, June 29. This is our hometown race, and we sponsor the youth race.
- Monthly membership meeting: Next one is 6 p.m. Jan. 14 at the Relief Pitcher. Don’t forget to renew your membership. Forms are on our FB page.